North Lawrence Learning Center’s Playful Pathways Community Preschool is dedicated to providing an environment rich with choices, opportunities, and experiences that inspire curiosity and a love of learning. Below are the guiding beliefs of our program.
Our CENTER will:
• create caring and safe environments.
• embrace the joy of discovery.
• facilitate a love of learning.
• take time each day to create, move, sing, discuss, observe, read, and play.
Our CHILDREN will:
• learn through open-ended play.
• explore nature.
• develop problem-solving skills, creative thinking, and self-expression.
• grow cognitively and intellectually as they face tasks, fail, succeed, master, and repeat.
Our TEACHERS will:
• serve as facilitators for children learning.
• realize the importance of controlling the environment, not the little children in it.
• give children the freedom to laugh and play while being engaged in child-centered activities.
• ensure uninterrupted free time for exploration with open-ended, child-selected materials.
• provide outdoor playtime with both energetic activity and quiet contemplation.