The Assessment Office in the Curriculum, Instruction and Learning Department serves as the information center for various assessments in the district and coordinates the following:
- Indiana Statewide Testing for Educational Progress Plus (ISTEP+)
- Indiana Reading Evaluation and Determination (IREAD-3)
- ISTEP+ End-Of-Course Assessment (ECA)
- ACCUPLACER (Grades 11-12)
- Engrade (formerly Acuity) Readiness (Grades 3-8)
- mCLASS (Grades K-2)
- WIDA Access Assessment
- National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)
Parents, NLCS would like to share the following video links developed by the Indiana Department of Education and the Office of Student Assessment. The office is providing several three-minute videos to share with you about assessment systems and transitions to support assessment literacy.
- How is Indiana considering building a system of assessments?
- How is Indiana assessing with technology?
- How does ILEARN dig deeper into knowledge and skills?
- You Nailed It! Writing on the ILEARN Assessment
- NEW! You Nailed It! Mathematics Process Skills on the ILEARN Assessment
- ISTAR (Indiana Standards Tool for Alternative Reporting) used to measure student achievement is coordinated through the Joint Services Office.
- Stay Positive and show confidence in your child.
- Encourage your child to take the test seriously.
- Encourage your child to give his/her best effort on the test.
- Emphasize effort rather than results/performance.
- Make sure your child gets plenty of rest. Follow the usual bedtime routine.
- Provide a healthy breakfast.
- Help your child stay calm the morning of the test.
- Encourage your child to wear comfortable clothing on test days.