NAIA Eligibility Information
Student-athletes who have interest in participating in sports at an NAIA college are strongly encouraged to start looking into the requirements for NAIA Eligibility in their junior year of high school. The first step of this process is registering as a student-athlete with the eligibility center. There is a fee required. Once the student has registered, the student needs to request the high school transcript be sent to the eligibility center. To find a list of NAIA colleges, please visit the NAIA website under colleges and universities. Below are a few points to remember when and after registering.
A fee waiver request can be submitted upon registering for any student-athlete who has used a waiver for the SAT and/or ACT or is currently receiving free or reduced-priced school lunch. Once submitting the fee waiver request, the student needs to inform their high school counselor. The high school counselor must submit a letter to the eligibility center confirming your qualification for the fee waiver.
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale at the conclusion of junior year OR have at least a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale midway through senior year.
- Have met minimum test score requirement (18 ACT Composite or 860 SAT (Critical Reading and Math combined)).
- A student-athlete may receive an early eligibility decision from NAIA if ALL of the following is done:
- register with the NAIA Eligibility Center
- have your official high school transcript sent to the eligibility center
- have your SAT/ACT scores sent directly to the eligibility center (see above).
Please see the attached guide for more information.
NAIA Guide for College Bound Students
Contact your high school counselor if you have questions regarding the NAIA Eligibility process.